Changing your core beliefs to recover from trauma and transform your life
Stress, anxiety, anger, frustration, overwhelm, numbness – any of these could be a sign of trauma.
Sometimes people don’t realise how stressful events have impacted their life. They’ve developed strategies for coping and adapting so they can function in the world. And it seems to work for a while.
But inevitably they release those stored-up emotions from unresolved pain and there’s nowhere to hide. Or they shut down and live in a constant state of numbness to protect themselves.
This happens when we don’t deal with trauma. If you have negative patterns or habits, a negative belief system or self-talk, or you continually attract negative people and experiences that disrupt your life, you might have unresolved pain from stressful events.
At Sydney Strategic Therapy, we use a safe and transformative process – The Richards Trauma Process – to help people recover from trauma and create a new, happy life.
We don’t believe you have to stay in therapy forever. Recovery can be quick and permanent with the right help.
Indicators of Trauma
There are many indicators that you could be suffering from stress, anxiety, fear, overwhelm or numbness:
- Do you get flooded with emotions and find it difficult to stay calm?
- Do the simplest things make you feel overwhelmed?
- Do you have difficulty going to sleep?
- Do you wake up at night and find it difficult to return to sleep?
- Do you feel nervous, restless, jumpy or tense?
- Do you have a feeling of impending danger, panic or doom?
- Is your heart rate increased?
- Do you experience rapid breathing (hyperventilation)?
- Do you sweat without exercise or physical exertion?
- Do you feel weak or tired?
- Is it difficult to get out of bed in the morning?
- Do you feel numb or shut down from your feelings?
- Do you have trouble concentrating?
- Are you always thinking about a current problem?
- Do you have unhealthy habits, like recreational drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol or overeating?
- Are you having problems in your relationships?
- Do you suffer from gastrointestinal issues, like heartburn, acid reflux, ulcers, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence or irritable bowel syndrome?
Any of these could indicate you’re being affected by past events that you haven’t recovered from. We want to help you move through it once and for all.
How we treat trauma
At Sydney Strategic Therapy, using The Richards Trauma Process (TRTP) we treat extreme trauma and related issues like stress, anxiety, depression and fear.
TRTP achieves results very quickly and safely by using the deep imagination to deal with trauma where it’s stored – in the unconscious and in the body.
You might think you are consciously in control of your life, but it’s really your unconscious mind that’s in control. You see this whenever you consciously want to achieve a goal, like losing weight, and your unconscious mind disagrees.
You will never achieve your goal until your unconscious mind agrees it’s safe to do so.
The key is to remove the ‘video tape loops’ of negative experiences from past events.
The result is that you can move from feeling scared and anxious all the time to feeling empowered, safe and calm.
How our sessions will work
The body and mind need calm to rest, make healthy cells, heal injuries, release tension, recover from exertion, process nutrients and waste, and prevent and recover from illness.
So your body can’t stay in a constant state of stress and anxiety caused by long-lasting intense feelings or emotional reactions, despair, overwhelm or overstimulation. Over time, your mind and body will wear down and become less resilient. You’ll get very sick, both physically and mentally.
The result is any number of issues, including:
- difficulty sleeping and nightmares
- increased heart rate
- gut problems
- inflammatory responses
- immune disorders
- heightened startle reflex
- rage or post-traumatic stress disorder (mild or severe)
- panic attacks
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
In just a few sessions, The Richards Trauma Process will take you from feeling unsafe to feeling safe and aware that the past event is over (without re-traumatising you). It’s quick, safe and effective.
It does this by using vivid imagination, the language of the unconscious. When you vividly imagine something, the brain can’t tell the difference between imagination and reality. This enables you to make the necessary changes through the calm state of hypnosis.
Are you ready to transform your life?
We know this is a lot to take in, so you probably have many questions. We’re happy to answer them all.
Book a free 20-minute consultation with us, and our clinical hypnotherapist, Kim, will chat with you to answer any questions.